Bible Treasures. So many times we don’t acknowledge the treasures hidden in God’s Word for us to find and then unfold.
I have discovered there are treasures that we can find in the Word each day that can be stored away in our hearts and used daily to encourage us on our journey with God.
I do this in my daily reading with the Lord and I have started looking back over the week and seeing what God had said to me over the past 7 days.
Two years ago, I committed to reading the whole Bible in one year. It was a great year of treasures.
LISTEN AND OBEY. The Father is our treasure. It is important to hear what He has to say.
As a young girl, I remember going to my grandparents home in Texas. Oh how I loved them. They truly lived the life as followers of Christ Jesus. They were so humble. My grandmother carried her Bible throughout the day with her. I can remember seeing it on a small table in the living room. At times it was opened up on the kitchen table as she prepared meals. And at night, seeing her carry her Bible into her bedroom. I remember opening it up and seeing a lot of dates recorded in the front of her Bible. And when I say a lot – that is what I mean. A lot! These dates represented when she started and finished reading through God’s Word. That image has stuck in my mind along with seeing her on her knees every morning in prayer.
I hand picked a few Bible Treasures I have found this past week to share with you:
- Make room in your heart to love every believer. Learn how to identify those who have been mistreated and acknowledge their pain.
- My Strength comes from God’s grace.
- If we say that we live in God then our lives will look as the example that Jesus gave us.
- Christ Jesus is my Advocate. He goes to the Father on my behalf.
- Any brother or sister who is living in the Light does not cause another to stumble or be hurt.
- Do not love this world nor the things it offers you for when you love the world, you do not have the love of God in you.
- Do not crave the things of this world but instead, seek to please the Father and you will live forever with Him.
I don’t know about you – but these words excite me in these days – days of trouble. The news reports are whirling around our heads and stay in our hearts and mind day and night. Yet within these Bible treasures, we find hope. Hope in Jesus Christ.
Today, turn your eyes and your ears and your heart to Jesus Christ — for He is the one with all the answers for our troubles in these days. Seek Him out as the fine treasure that He is.
My Song: These simple words have many times got me through a difficult day. Always keep your eyes upon Him. He is the Way. He is the Truth. He is the Life.