I was astounded today to discover a Global Climate Walkout (Strike) planned for September 20, 2019. This does nothing to help what those who support Climate Control to do anything.
I see that schools once again are planning a walkout. I see that Amazon employees are planning a walkout. There are others beginning to put out their names.
Coming from an older generation, that has seen what has happened over the past 30 years, it amazes me that these people believe that staging a walkout will do anything. Most kids walked to school in my day, because most families had only one vehicle. Many others used public transportation.
IF I was planning to actually do something, I would suggest some of the following:
- Sell your private jets and start using commercial flights.
- If your family owns about three or more cars, consider selling one or two.
- Cut back on all the trips to stores, games, entertainment and stay home.
- Stop giving every child a cellphone.
- Carpool to work. Or better yet, use public transportation
- IF you are in high school, park your car and ride your bike to school.
- IF you plan on flying in on your private jet to one of these walkouts, stay home instead.
That is just a few off the top of my head.
Many might be surprised by actually doing something besides walking out of school or work could actually say you really did something. Sad part is that those who joined this movement will get back into their vehicles and drive home or other places to cause more damage to our environment.